Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour
×



Details

Submitted on
July 10, 2013
Image Size
329 KB
Resolution
1247×835
Mature Content
Yes
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
8,452
Favourites
541 (who?)
Comments
28
Downloads
250

Camera Data

Make
NIKON CORPORATION
Model
NIKON D200
Shutter Speed
10/2500 second
Aperture
F/1.4
Focal Length
50 mm
ISO Speed
100
Date Taken
Jun 29, 2013, 2:25:40 PM
Software
Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
×
Mature Content Filter is On
(Contains: nudity)
This is a shot from one of my recent photographic workshops. The model
> had worked with me before with nude photography but never with other
> photographers being present. She seems very passionate about the shot
> style I take but was concerned about how others may interpret the
> shots once they were put online. I think this is such a natural
> reaction to have in this scenario.
>
> However it stimulated me to write back to her with the following -
>
> My best advice is
>>> that if you are proud of the shots and someone you know sees them
>>> and questions
>> you
>>> then you can then with pride say that you love the shots. If this
>>> person still has an issue then I believe it is their problem to look
>>> into.All too often we seem to limit our experiences and passions for
>>> fear of the judgments of some others. Having said this I am
>>> perfectly fine with
>> whatever
>>> you decide.
>
> I think that often in life we are scared to make mistakes in case we
> are excluded, ridiculed or punished. Whilst I still advise people to
> make decisions from a composed place I think that life would become
> very cold if we avoided every activity that someone else didn't
> approve of. Whilst not every shot in the workshop was perfect I
> believe that this and many other shots are deeply inspiring.

Next Melbourne workshop either August 4 or 10.

www.leapoffaith.com.au
Add a Comment:
 
:iconanca-p:
AncA-P Sep 18, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
So creative.
Reply
:iconbaly92sk:
Baly92Sk Sep 3, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
excelent everything :)
Reply
:iconpoohbah80:
I like the minimalist approach with the white sheet and black and white exposure. I like the natural light and hope to do a lot of this type of photography in my near future. Thanks for sharing this. 
Reply
:icons2photography:
Also, why is/would she be worried about being excluded from a "group" that wasn't accepting of what she chooses to do. Especially if it makes her happy. The way I would try to see it is; if she is excluded from one, there is most likely a group of people like her out there that would welcome her.

Another great shot with another beautiful model. The tones/colors, the mood, location.

The only critical thought I have is, why the sheet on the mattress? Why is the sheet laid as such that it exposed some of the mattress on the edge? And why no other bedding? Why the stark plain sheet?

No biggie. Just me being picky and felt like being critical of your work for once instead of praise as always hahaha.

Stu.
Reply
:icontonyr:
Hi Stu,

I take your point and agree that we would be more empowered if we didn't worry about exclusion. However most people seem to be very worried about being judged or rejected. I think Larissa was worried about family too. However I do feel that you raise a great point re there always being other people ready to support you especially when you follow your gut feeling.

No set reason for the sheet. Just liked the light on this level and this is how I found the bed when we entered the room.
Reply
:iconreno67:
beatiful, dynamic ,elegant shot ....
Reply
:iconn-l-e:
n-l-e Jul 10, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
great one
Reply
:iconsegura2112:
segura2112 Jul 10, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Great shot! Thank You to both you and the model.
Reply
:icondevourflower:
Enjoy your photography and your advise to this model is spot on.
Reply
Add a Comment: